We had a fantastic Winter Camp 2015 (details below). We will not be holding Girls on the Go Winter Camp in 2016, but do have a Monkey Business Winter Camp available. Please join our mailing list to get updates on all future camps.
DATES: Monday, 12/21, Tuesday 12/22, Wednesday 12/23
Basic Hours: 8:30-3:30
($89 per day)
Extended Care AM: 8:00-8:30
($7 per day)
Extended Care PM: 3:30-6:00
($25 per day)
- Early Registration Discounts (applied automatically during registration)
- Basic Day: by November 1st get $10/day off; By December 1st get $5/day off.
- Extended Care**: By December 15th, get $2/day off on a.m. care and $5/day off on p.m. care.
- Other Discounts (find and enter code on registration page)
- Multiple Day**: Register for 5 or more days of winter camp per child for $50 off (expires December 15th)
- Sibling Discount**: Register siblings for $5/day off for each child (expires December 15th)
- Discounts CAN be combined!
**Does not apply to JC fees, which are already steeply discounted.
Other Financial Aid
- Payment Plans also offered at the payment page
- To apply for financial aid, visit here
Berkwood Hedge School: 1809 Bancroft Way, Berkeley
We will be meeting here for morning drop-off and afternoon pick-up, and then traveling by bus and BART to and from our field trip destinations. For campers staying for afternoon extended care, for the 3:30-6:00 period, they will join the Monkey Business Camp program. One of their counselors will stay with them for part of the aftercare.
FIELD TRIP SCHEDULE:
Field Trip by BART train and Bus:
Mini Golf and Arcade at Subpar Mini Golf in Alameda
Eat out Mexican lunch next to Mini Golf at Island Taqueria. Each girl will get up to $7 to spend. http://islandtaqueria.ezlocal.com/
We’ll try our hand at a mini-golf course designed with Bay Area landmarks in mind. With their additional air hockey and skee ball, there will be lots to delight.
Other Fun Stuff:
- Wondering what are you going to give that special someone for the holidays? Make some scrumptious, organic, homemade pumpkin bread mini-loaves at camp! Check in with us in advance for vegan or gluten free needs, so we can bring in ingredients for those.
Field Trip by Bus:
Rock Climbing at Berkeley Ironworks
Let’s get climbing and reaching for the stars! We will learn the basics or take it to the next level for those with rock climbing experience.
Other Fun Stuff:
- Game Playing: Clue, Be a detective in the game of Clue; I just visited with my niece and nephew, ages 11 and 13 and they LOVED this game, but had never played.
- Henna: Sara is an artist and will share her love of this ancient practice of beautification on your arms or legs. Nature designs to beautify and inspire
- Gift Making: Make homemade dog and cat treats-yes you can! We will make them from scratch, so you can impress and surprise your family and friends with providing natural, healthy treats from scratch without having to go to the store!
Field Trip by BART train:
Ice Skating at Oakland Ice Center
Take your feet to the ice and glide around with the other girls! Whether new or old to skating, this is always a favorite, to get moving and feel the cold, brisk feel of winter in our beautiful Bay!
Other Fun Stuff:
- Gift Making: Felted soap making with Kira Dulaney! Choose what kind of Kiss My Face natural soap scent you would like, cover it with felt, and voila, give yourself or someone you love the experience of yummy scented soap with a soft scrubbie this winter season.
- Game Playing: Clue, Be a detective in the game of Clue; Girls who played yesterday can teach new campers how it works.
- Music: Share music you love or listen to others as we play DJ for each other
More Fun Stuff: There is always something super fun that comes up because of all of you and the counselors. We don’t exactly know what that is, so cannot list it, but you can count on it happening! It might even be because of you, something you love that you bring in to share or something that comes from the magic of the moment with the group!
We are thrilled to have returning staff Natalie Alfandary and Sara Mann. Click here to see bios and photos.
We will be recruiting just one Junior Counselor, age 14-16, for the Girls on the Go Winter Camp. She will support the staff in a variety of ways, including leading a game, helping the girls get on and off trains and buses safely, and helping welcome all kids. We will send an orientation handbook before camp begins. Parents, please answer yes to the questions below before registering for the Girls on the Go Winter Camp youth leadership program:
- My child was a Girls on the Go camper, she loved it and wants to help bring a great experience for new Girls on the Go campers.
- My child likes helping younger kids and enjoys creating a positive space.
- I understand the basic day hours are 8:00-3:30 and the fee is $87 for all three days. If needed, I can add on PM extended care: 3:30-6:00 for $18 for all three days.
- We have expressed interest with the office and got okay to sign up.