2017 DATES AND HOURS
One week sessions: July 10-July 21 (Frog Park Oakland location)
One week sessions: June 12-Aug 25 (Cedar-Rose Park Berkeley location)
Basic Hours: 8:30-4:00
Drop off may be flexible until 9:30 on certain days, when camp not leaving park until later.
AM extended care: 8:00-8:30
PM extended care (Berkeley site only): 4:00-6:00 pm.
At Girls on the Go Camp, girls explore, engage, and connect with one another and the beautiful Bay Area. Traveling to locations across the East Bay and S.F., Girls on the Go campers get to practice safely navigating the public transit system under the tutelage of caring staff. Special guests share their talents in interactive playshops, with a special focus for each week. Girls enjoy summer days filled with spontaneous and planned adventure and have chances to try out new and familiar activities.
Campers range in age from 9-13, and some come with friends, some come solo. We support the girls getting to know one another and becoming friends or great camp mates, with more easy going, “get to know” games the first two days. Our size, between 14-24 girls and 2-3 staff keeps the atmosphere engaging and calm. There will be lots of games and moving, though, too. Days begin at the Oakland or Berkeley location and then trips take off from there. Read on and come join us!
Drop off and Pick-Up Base Camps:
Oakland (Rockridge): Frog Park, 5500 Claremont Avenue
Berkeley (North): Cedar-Rose Park, 1300 Rose Street
Large climbing structures, fields, and picnic tables await us! Tilden and Pre-K camp basic days’ end at 3:30, and Boys on the Go and Girls on the Go at 4:00, to make it easier to pick up on time for both camps if you have kids attending more than one location. Parking spaces are available on the street nearby for easy drop-off and pick-up.
AGES AND WEEKLY SCHEDULES*
Campers are ages 9-13 and Junior Counselor 14-16.
More activities will be added as they are confirmed.
*Details subject to change. We do our best to firm up plans, but occasionally things shift and we replace one wonderful activity with another. If this happens and you need to change weeks, please contact our office.
- $488/week base rate
- Early Registration Incentive*: $100/week off if registered by Feb 1st, $70/week off by March 1st, $50/week off by May 1st, $20/week off by June 1st – automatically applied in your reg. cart.
- Sibling and Multi-Session Registration Incentive*: Register for 3 weeks or more of any camp program within a family and each registration receives $20 off/week- expires 7/15. Enter special code “MultiMonkeyFun” for each of your children while registering.
- The early registration and sibling/multi week discounts can be combined, but not combined with Chinook book or gift certificates.
° Discounts do not apply to JCs as their fees are already highly discounted.
Extended Care Advance Sign Up: AM: 8:00-8:30 $30/week and PM: 4:00-6:00 $110/week
Extended Care Drop-In Rates (On Site Last Minute): $13/hour; $7/half hour; $4/15 minutes. Office will review sign in sheets and charge your credit card on file after use. Fee determined by rounding up to nearest quarter hour, e.g. 4:54pm sign out will be charged as though pick up was at 5pm or 8:06am drop off will be charged at 8:00am.
- We want our top quality, award winning camp to be accessible to all families as it makes our camp a better place. We have created various options for folks including flexible “no fee” payment plan options at the online payment page, and Financial Aid and Work Exchange are available by application. Please apply and refer those in your networks who might not realize about these options.
- It takes a village, so if you have something extra to give, round up your tuition on the online registration portal, from $2-$20, and all funds will go to our scholarships.
Click here for more details: the camp daily schedule, age groupings and sizes, food program and allergies, the staff:camper ratio, carpools, etc.
Campers bring their own lunch and morning snack. We provide afternoon snack for extended care PM campers. We are a nut and nut butter free camp, to help keep our campers safe.
We require campers to be able to operate within our ratio of 1:9, so if your child has medical, behavioral or emotional needs that will need additional coaching or support, we welcome your aide/coach.
Camp handbooks will be available one month before the program start.
Our staff is dynamic, engaging, skilled, compassionate, empathetic and deeply passionate about their work with youth. For summer 2017, we are currently in hiring phase, and will post staff photos and bios HERE once finalized.
We will be recruiting one Junior Counselor, age 14-16, for two week periods. They will support the staff in a variety of ways, including leading games, helping the girls get on and off trains and buses safely, and helping welcome all kids. 14-15 year old JCs need to have been a Girls on the Go camper in the past, but 16 year old JCs can be new to our program. Staff will mentor the JCs onsite. The basic day hours are 8:30-4:00. Tuition is $188/week and includes a sweatshirt and 2 T-shirts, which JCs are required to wear as part of the position. PM extended care (4:00-6:00) can be added for $30/week. Parents before registering: Please contact email@example.com regarding your interest.