By registering for any Monkey Business Camp program, you agree to these policies. Girls on the Go Camp is a program of Monkey Business Camp.
We use e-mail as our primary means of communication for confirmations of registration, camp information session letters, balance due invoices, and receipts. Please check your email provider’s spam protection to ensure that firstname.lastname@example.org (additionally for Girls on the Go program families: email@example.com and Boys on the Go program families: firstname.lastname@example.org) are safe addresses and that emails from us will not be blocked.
Space is not guaranteed until full payment is received or a payment plan is set up.
- 80% refund by May 1
- 50% refund by two weeks before camp session start ONLY if the space is filled
- NO REFUND if less than two weeks before camp session
WINTER, FEB, SPRING CAMPS:
- 80% refund by one month before program start date
- 50% refund by two weeks before camp start ONLY if the space is filled
- NO REFUND if less than two weeks before camp start
FOR ALL CAMPS:
- Camper weeks or days are not transferable to other campers, except between siblings.
- To transfer to another day of Winter, Feb or Spring Camp: $5/day transfer fee up to 2 weeks before camp start. No transfers available after that time.
- To transfer to another week of Summer Camp: $25/week transfer fee until one month before the camp session start. No transfers available after that time.
- You cannot transfer between programs, for example transferring from February Camp to Spring Camp or Summer Camp. You may transfer between different programs during the summer, for example from our Monkey Business Tilden Outdoor to Boys on the Go program.
- If we need to cancel a program due to low enrollment, you will receive option to transfer to another program or get full refund.
- In the case of a natural disaster that affects ability to hold camp at the specific locations noted in communications, we’ll find alternate meeting place to hold camp and will be unable to offer any refunds. If no alternate sites can be found, we will issue refunds.
You will receive an automatic confirmation e-mail upon completion of your registration and a more detailed camp confirmation within one week. Please make sure your confirmation matches with your records and that you have signed up for the correct days or weeks, as we cannot refund for errors in planning. Please contact our office if you need help. If you do not receive a confirmation, please log into your account to review details and ensure that your registration is complete (it will guide you through any mandatory forms). If you do not receive the auto-confirmation e-mail directly after registration, it means that there was probably some issue and you are not registered so PLEASE contact us, so we can help.
FILLING OUT CAMPER INFO AND MEDICAL FORMS:
We need these filled out new each year of camp. Please take care of this at the time of registration or within a week, so administrative staff have necessary details to prepare for on-site staff. We are working with our registrar to see how we can both make sure information is up to date, but also save you from filling out too much.
REQUIREMENT TO DISCLOSE SPECIAL NEEDS OR BEHAVIORAL ISSUES:
Prior to, or at the time of registration, parents/guardians are responsible for notifying us of an officially diagnosed special need. Additionally, we must be informed if your child has been asked to leave another camp program and/or if your child has had disruptive behavior during his/her time in any other program. If your child has an aide during school, s/he will need one during camp. If your child is a return camper, please contact our office previous to enrolling, to communicate about recent information and to check in if enrollment possible. Your disclosures do not necessarily preclude your child’s participation.
DISMISSAL FROM CAMP:
There are rare times when our Staff or Founding Director must dismiss a child or have them take a day off due to behavioral problems that preclude a child from participating safely in our camp. For example, this is most likely to happen if a camper causes physical harm to campers or staff (hitting, kicking, biting, throwing objects at others, etc.), repeatedly either runs away from the group or does not listen to staff direction, all requiring significant 1:1 staff attention. It may be possible for the child to return to camp with an aide. There will be no refund for unused days at camp.
If we discover your child has nits or lice while they are at camp, staff will contact you to come pick up your child asap. Before they can come back to camp, they need to be nit free.
Our staff is unable to give regularly scheduled daily medications, so please administer those to your child before or after camp, or come by during the day if necessary. Medicine, prescription or non-prescription, on an “as needed” basis must be brought to camp in original packaging and given to the site director. You also must add information about these medications to your child’s online medical form. If there are any changes after submission, e-mail our office with updates at least one week before camp.
24 HOUR FEVER FREE:
Your child must be fever free for 24 hours before they can come back to camp, as often a fever can go away in the morning, but return in the afternoon.
LAST MINUTE ENROLLMENT:
If you register at the last minute, your confirmation e-mail will have a link to our last minute instructions as well as the week’s session letter, with details on what to bring and where to go. The e-mail also has a link to last minute instructions, with reminder to bring a copy of your registration receipt and a camper form that has some basic, but very important information about your child for the staff on site.
RECEIPTS & DEPENDENT CARE FORMS:
Receipts are available to you within your registration account when you log in HERE. All pertinent information including your payment history, camp enrollment dates and our Tax ID# are available to you 24/7 by signing into your account. We will email receipts about two weeks after program end, for example in mid-September for all summer camp families. If you need us to sign a dependent care form, please e-mail, or mail it to our office, so we can process it there. On-site staff cannot sign.
PAYMENTS DUE AT TIME OF RECEIPT AND LATE FEE PAYMENT POLICY:
A 20% or maximum $40 charge will apply each time we need to re-bill after an initial bill is not returned with payment. We re-bill monthly.
FEES AND PAYMENT FOR LAST MINUTE DROP-IN CARE, GRACE PERIODS AND LATE PICK-UPS:
Our office will review sign in sheets after camp for the time you signed in and out, and charge your credit card on file for any care outside of the regular camp hours. Fees are at arate of $13/hour; $7/half hour; $4/15 minutes andwill be determined by rounding to nearest quarter hour.. If there is no sign in or out time, office will charge you for drop-off of 8:00 or pick up time of 6:00, so please sign out!
Grace Periods for pick-up at 3:30 until 3:40, and at 6:00 until 6:10. Late Pick-Ups after 3:40 will be charged at drop in care rates listed. After 6:10, rates are doubled, so $26/hour; $14/half hour; $8/15 minutes.
On site staff do not have authority to waive any fees.
BOUNCED CHECK FEE:
DAILY CAMP INFO:
In your registration confirmation e-mail, there will be a link to a generic camp info session letter, with details about camp location, parking, what to bring, etc. A final update will be sent the Wednesday prior to each week of camp. Please make sure all adults caring for your child during camp read it, to know our procedures and policies.
Occasionally what we have listed on our website will not work out for our plans. We alter it with another fun activity. Additionally, for our Pre-K and School Break Camps, we sometimes walk to a local park to play.
At our Tilden Park program:
- We get a lot of time outside at our main site, and take at least one hike a week using some trails nearby.
- We plan on going swimming at Lake Anza, from about 12-2:30pm almost all weeks, except for the last week of summer and if July 4th week very short. While we have not had history of toxic algae, in the case the lake did and was closed, we would meet at our regular picnic area for other fun plans.
AGE GROUPINGS AT OUR DIFFERENT PROGRAMS:
Here are more details about how we group kids:
- Girls on the Go program and Boys on the Go program for ages 9-13: All ages spend day together.
- Pre-K Summer co-ed camp for ages 3-4: All ages spend day together.
- Tilden Park co-ed Summer Camp for ages 4.5-10: All ages arrive to the same location and spend the free play and snack period from 8:30-10:15 together. After that time, the camp splits into two distinct groups (our Strawberry Bananas: ages 4.5-6 and Mango Coconuts: ages 7-10) for most of the remainder of the day, except for lunch and post lunch free play from 12-1, PM extended care from 3:30-6:00, and Friday all camper celebrations, from 2-3, when all ages are once again together. For swim days, campers are together all day.
- Winter, Feb, and Spring Camps for ages 4.5-10: All ages arrive to same location for AM extended care 8-8:30. After that time, the camp splits into two distinct groups (our Strawberry Bananas: ages 4.5-6 and Mango Coconuts: ages 7-10) for remainder of the day, except for lunch and post lunch free play from 12-1, PM ext. care from 3:30-6:00. There are days of less enrollment, like Christmas eve, when all ages spend entire day together and split into age groups sometimes for activities from 11-12 and 2-3.
SIGNING IN AND OUT REQUIRED, AUTHORIZED LIST OF PICK-UP PEOPLE FOR YOUR CHILD, and I.D. CHECK INFO:
We require that parents or guardians sign their children into and out of camp daily with initials and time. These records are used to calculate charges for drop-in extended care, so make sure to enter information correctly and clearly. At pick-up time, staff will release kids to those people listed on your authorized list. Please make sure your list is updated on your online account at least 2 weeks before camp begins. Staff do NOT check i.ds., unless you contact our office with a request at least two weeks prior to camp start.
PERMISSION FOR CHILDREN AGES 12+ and OLDER TO SIGN THEMSELVES IN AND OUT:
For children ages 12 and older, you can check on the Camper Registration Info Form that you give them permission to sign themselves in and out. In this case, children are responsible for themselves before the sign in time and after the sign out time. For any additional permissions, outside of this, please contact the office, so they can have you fill out special permission slip.
RAINY DAY PLANS:
For our school break and Pre-K camps, where we meet at an indoor location, there is no need to adjust our plans. For our Tilden Outdoor and Girls on the Go and Boys on the Go summer programs, we will send all parents an e-mail message the afternoon or night before camp, if we change our meet up location or plans, due to heavy rain in the forecast. We will meet as usual in heavy mist due to fog or minor drizzles. Please send children in or with rainy day and warmer gear, as it makes it easier to play in the rain and still stay dry, since we will be outside for the entire day.
STATEMENT OF UNDERSTANDING AND ACCEPTANCE OF POLICIES:
I hereby certify that I have given full disclosure concerning all medical, physical, and psychological conditions which may have relevance to my child’s performance while at camp. I understand that failure to provide full disclosure is grounds for immediate dismissal without refund. I will pay in full for the services. I understand that Monkey Business Camp will charge my credit card for any drop-in care (full day or extended care) or late pick-ups, based on the sign in and out times that I or my child age 12 or older enters on a daily basis on the camper sign in sheets. I understand and agree to abide by all Monkey Business Camp policies and procedures.